Rad reading- January

This month I read School Trip the sequel to New Kid by Jerry Craft. This book is about Jordan and his friends going on a field trip to Paris, France. The school is Riverdale Academy day school. Jordan is an artist and he is really exited to see the Paris, the city of lights.

Jordan is a new kid that came to the school last semester. He didn’t have many friends because he is the new kid. The reason why he really likes France is because he is an artist. In this book it shows that Jordan can persevere through all the stress of being the new kid. Another reason why he can’t make a lot of friends is because he gets discriminated because he is a different skin color than all of the other rich white kids at his school.

I loved this book because it really expresses how Jordan is an artist because he is in the best art city in the world. I also loved how his friends let Jordan wander around and have fun in a place that he has really wanted to go to for his whole life. That shows how he has good friends and how nice they are. My favorite character was Jordan because I like how he isn’t afraid to express himself. One quote that shows this is “you guys know I love this city and you guys can’t ruin this for me” this shows that he isn’t afraid to speak his mind because he doesn’t care what other people say about him.

My favorite quote was “ Liam do you ever shut up?” This is my favorite quote because again it shows how he can be comfortable around his friends because he has such a good friend group.